ElaProof H – easy to use protective elastic coating for outdoor use
ElaProof H is a ready-to-use one-component hand-applied elastomer suitable for most surfaces in exterior structures. It provides a long-lasting and waterproof protective layer for most building materials, such as sheet metal and felt roofs, wood, concrete and lightweight gravel blocks. The applications of ElaProof H are e.g. roofing, patching and refurbishment, and protection of plinths and external structures. It is also ideal for rehabilitating rainwater systems and sealing penetrations and joints. ElaProof H is listed in the Nordic Ecolabelling construction product database and can be used in Swan-labeled buildings.
10 good reasons to seal, join and coat with ElaProof H!
+ Elastic coating and sealant for most building materials
+ The best crack bridging ability on the market – over 10 mm!
+ Resistant to water and frost, the product can also be applied to wet surfaces
+ Quick and easy installation with traditional hand tools
+ Finnish product – made for demanding Nordic weather conditions
+ Excellent adhesion to almost all building materials
+ CE markings: EN 1504-2 and EN 13813
+ The product is isocyanate- and solvent-free and its pH is neutral – no special protective equipment required for handling the product
+ The most multipurpose elastic protective coating and sealing mass on the market
ElaProof H is suitable e.g.:
- Extending lifetime of aging roofs
- Sealing ducts and grommets
- Protecting plinths
- Air tightening and radon barrier
- Waterproofing and sealing
- Repairing leaks
- Patching or bridging holes, cracks, etc.
- Preventing corrosion and repairing corrosion damage
Download ElaProof information
• PRODUCT CARD – ElaProof H
SPECIFICATIONS (WET PRODUCT) • STANDARD
- Binding agent: waterborne polymer dispersion
- Colours: black, grey, red, RR11, RR23 and RR32 – can be painted over*)
- The product is CE marked as a construction product in accordance with the harmonized product standards EN 13813 and EN 1504-2
- Dry matter content: 63 ± 1 % • ISO 3251:2008
- Acidity (pH): 7-8
- Density: 1,12 ± 0,3 g/ml • ISO 2811-1:2016
- Flammability: does not ignite, does not flash
- Minimum Film Formation Temperature (MFFT): < 0°C
- Operating temperature: over +10°C
- Drying time
- Touch dry (+20°C, 50% RH, 1,5 l/m2) 3 – 4 h
- Touch dry (+6°C, 25% RH, 1,5 l/m2) 40 h
- Fully dry (+20°C, 50% RH, 1,5 l/m2) 1 vrk
- Full mechanical properties (+20°C, 50% RH, 1,5 l/m2) 3 weeks
- Storage time: min. 12 months (see package for manufacturing date)
- Storage: Product must not freeze. Protect for direct sunlight.
*) Can be painted over with most water-based, breathable and elastic paints.
FEATURES (COATING) • STANDARD
- Fire class: C-s1,d0 and BROOF (t2) • EN 13501-1 and -5
- Adhesion strength, without primer: 1 – 4 N/mm2 • EN 1542:1999
- Tensile strength: 2,3 N/mm² • ISO 527-1:1993
- Elongation at break: 810 % • ISO 527-2 applying
- Tear strength: 9,3 ± 1,3 MPa/m² • ISO 527-1:1993
- Shore A hardness: 54 ± 4 • EN 868:2003
- Wear resistance: <3000 mg EN ISO 5470-1 (Taber wear test)
- Impact resistance: class I • EN ISO 6272-1
- Crack bridging ability
- 10,1 mm (+22°C, 50 % RH, thickness 0,6 mm) • EN 1062-7, method A applying, class A5
- approved (-20°C, thickness 0,6 mm) • EN 1062-7, method A applying, class A4
- Water vapor permeation: 18 g / m² / day • EN 12572
- Water vapor diffusion coefficient: δ, kg/(m·s·Pa) 9,63·10-13 • EN 12572
- Diffusion resistance, Sd-value: 2,02 • EN 12572
- Water tightness (+20°C, 14 day, 100 mm water immersion): tight • EN 1928
- Water resistance after alkaline stress
- (+70°C, 168 day: 50 mm kyll. Ca(OH)2 solution: tight • EN 1928
- Structure tightness
- The water tightness of floor drain and inlets: (Vieser-floor drain, water pressure test 24 h ca. 700 Pa -> +60°C/+15oC, 1500 times -> water pressure test 24h ca. 700 Pa): tight • EN 1253-2
- Temperature resistance
- Long term: -30°C … +150°C
- Short term: max. +190°C
- Weather resistance (UV, thermal and moisture resistance): excellent
- Chemical resistance
- Excellent alkaline resistance
- Good inorganic acid resistance
- Limited resistance to organic acids and solvents
- Electrical conductivity: does not conduct electricity
Renovation and waterproofing of plinths by using ElaProof
Please visit our YouTube Channel for more videos!
Instructions for applying ElaProof H!
PACKAGE SIZES AND COLOURS
- 1, 5 and 15 litre buckets
- Colours: red, black, grey, RR11 (green), RR23 (dark grey) and RR32 (brown)
- ELAPROOF BASE FABRIC: Base fabric for sealing and reinforcing corners, angles and lead-throughs as well as for patching holes in substrates to be coated.
- ELAPROOF PRIMER: A primer for the pre-treatment of porous surfaces both indoors and outdoors. Seals the small pores in the substrate to be coated and improves the adhesion of ElaProof. Especially recommended for concrete and other porous surfaces.
Did you know that ElaProof is completely isocyanate-free!
Raw materials containing isocyanates are widely used in industry. Exposure to respiratory isocyanates may occur in the handling of these raw materials and in the manufacture or processing of polyurethane products and other nitrogenous plastics and resins. Isocyanates are a major group of compounds that cause work-related asthma.